The culture, history, and identity of a people is passed on, and preserved, from one generation to the next, through language. Without the language, a culture cannot survive. Therefore, it is very important that the knowledge and wisdom of our elders be regained and retained for future generations.
- To revitalize Aboriginal Languages
- To preserve Aboriginal languages
- To make make Aboriginal languages more attractive and engaging to the youth
- To make Aboriginal languages more accesible to urban Aboriginals
- To promote and encourage the use of technology in langauge programing
- To develop interactive language programing that encourages the use of Aboriginal languages in everyday life
- To develop culturally relavant langauge materials in the fields of history, spirituality, music, art, photography, and liturature
- To promote and assist in cultural events and activities that instill and maintain Aboriginal languages
- To work with Aboriginal communities, schools, organizaions, and people through the transition into the virtual world of language programing
- To Work and keep in close harmony with other organizations whose aims and objectives are similar to that of A-mowin Online.
- To envolve the Elders and Youth on meeting the objectives of A-mowin Online
- To promote the reconnecting of relationships between elders and youth and for the retention and development of Aboriginal languages
- To be a virtual resource for, and facilitate communities, organizations, and people who wish to regain and preseve their language
- To develop and deliver workshops and presentations to promote and encourage the awareness of Aboriginal languages and cultures.
- To enhance the learning environment of Aboriginal languages and communication network for communities, organizations, and people, locally, nationalally, and globally.